Data Privacy Notice for Applicants
Northern Hydraulics Ltd collects & processes personal information about all of those who apply for job vacancies within the company, both internal & external. We use this information for legitimate business interest and are committed to respecting your privacy by handling all the personal information collected during the recruitment process in a strictly confidential manner that is in line with all applicable legislation and our own company privacy policies.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT & PROCESS:
We collect, process, transfer and securely store personal information about our applicants on computerised and paper-based data processing systems. All processing and transfers of your personal information are subject to reasonable confidentiality. Privacy safeguards and confidentiality are disclosed in line with data protection legislation. Disclosures may have to be made for essential reporting for government bodies, for example, the Equality Commission in our annual monitoring return.
- Application forms
- Sensitive information for FEC monitoring purposes (e.g. ethnic origin, nationality, religious beliefs etc)
- Interview notes
- Salary information
WHY WE HOLD THIS INFORMATION:
Our team process applicant personal information for the following purposes:
– Skills and educational based shortlisting
– Contacting applicants regarding interview confirmation, job offers, references & feedback
– Mandatory reporting e.g.) FEC monitoring
– For call back to and referral to should another suitable position arise within a 12 month period.
– To allow us to refer to any special requirements an applicant may have listed and provide suitable provisions where possible.
We process sensitive information (such as race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religious background & health information) needed for essential reporting to external bodies such as the Equality Commission for FEC reporting and diversity reporting. Under our duty of care, we also may process sensitive health information as needed to accommodate applicant’s specific health requirements at interview and in the workplace. We will not collect Sensitive information, process or transfer, except where adequate privacy protection mechanisms are in place.
We treat confidential information as such and in line with this, is disclosed only on a need to know basis.