☀️ Day Shift (incl early Friday finish)
Mon-Thu 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
The successful applicants will report directly to the department team leader.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 32 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2019 & 2020, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology.
- Welding qualification
- Ability to accurately read & interpret Autocad drawings
- Experience of welding to a high standard using a three phase MIG welder
- Ability to tack & final weld steel using a three phase MIG welder
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Ability to work in a meticulous manner, paying close attention to workmanship
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work within the internal quality system ensuring that a high standard of production is maintained through to finished product stage
- Preparing products for the next stage of the production process ensuring they are clean & free from any excess weld / splatter / grease
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy relative to the workshop environment
- Ability to consistently work in line with set company efficiency targets
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to operate in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Willingness to maintain good housekeeping & safe working environment
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
- Experience in a precision engineering environment
- Experience working in a hydraulics setting
- Recognised as fully coded by a relevant awarding body
- Knowledge of welding automation processes is advantageous but not essential
In return you will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Early finish on a Friday
- Westfield Health Membership
- Partially flexible holidays
- Long service reward
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an event, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is advised
- To apply, please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below.
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘DAYSHIFT WELDER’
- Or contact reception for an application pack.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.