🌙 Evening Shift (4 shifts per week)
Mon-Thu: 16:45 – 03:15
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Testing Operative to join our evening shift team.
The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Reading & accurately interpreting engineering drawings and works orders
- Adhering to engineering testing instructions to test hydraulic cylinders
- Perform in process quality checks & inspection of product against company quality standards prior to moving on to the next production process
- Working as part of a team to develop continuous improvement strategies
- Ensuring the safe & controlled movement of product
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping ensuring that work area is clean & organised at all times
- Work in a careful & safe manner in line with company H & S policy & all relevant legislation
- Actively participate in orientation & training programs
- Operating test rigs in a safety conscious manner whilst ensuring that quality & efficiency standards are consistently maintained
- Use of company MRP system
- Previous engineering experience (min 1 year)
- Ability to accurately read & interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Awareness of H & S in relation to the engineering environment and specifically with regards to the manufacture of pressurised vessels
- Ability to consistently work in line with set company efficiency targets
- Ability to work within the internal quality system ensuring that a high standard of production is maintained through to the finished product stage
- Previous experience of undertaking quality checks
- Ability to work both independently & on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a meticulous manner showing a high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong timekeeping & attendance record
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong numeracy skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Previous experience in a precision engineering environment
- Previous quality control experience within engineering
- Previous experience within the hydraulics sector
Benefits on offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Overtime regularly available (enhanced rates)
- Shift premium payable
- Excellent work life balance – 4 nights working week
- Westfield Health Cover
- Company-branded workwear
- Use of high specification machinery, PPE and tooling
- Access to Bike to work scheme
- Saving schemes
- Store discounts
- Plus much more…
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserve the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an event, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is advised.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.