🌙 Evening Shift (4 shifts per week)
Mon-Thu: 16:45 – 03:15
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 35 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
As part of our continued growth and expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Team Leader to join our Evening shift team.
Purpose: The Team Leader position is responsible for managing shop floor employees in the welding, assembly, hydraulic testing and paint areas ensuring all team members are trained and competent to work safely and produce quality products in lines with NHL operating procedures.
The successful candidate for this post will also be expected to partake in production process work as and when required. The team leader takes direction from the production manager and plans the most effective use of their team on a daily basis to meet production needs.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Competent to carry out tasks assigned.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct formal appraisals with each team member.
- Become familiar with and champion company operating procedures to the production team to ensure quality product.
- Hold team members accountable for compliance with targets and standards set within the company. Take prompt action to address non-compliance up to and including disciplinary action.
- Ensure sufficient staffing of all work centres to meet production demand through careful holiday / other absence planning.
- Carry out regular team briefings on matters related to safety, quality and performance.
- Ensure all production activity is logged within the company shop floor data capture tool (MRP tool).
- Monitor production efficiency and act on daily efficiency reports to address shortfalls.
- Co-ordinate the flow of work within or between work centres to expedite production to meet delivery dates.
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager and Human Resources to determine staffing level requirements to meet production schedule.
- In conjunction with the production manager determine daily overtime requirements and put in place plans for the necessary coverage.
- Attend daily production meeting reporting on actions assigned the prior day and reporting on any new obstacles that need to be addressed.
- Ensure effective daily handover to backshift team to ensure no disruption to ongoing production.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, new procedures or capital equipment to improve productivity or production flow.
- Ensure safe systems of work are employed for all activities.
- Ensure all equipment and the workshop is maintained to a high standard and all faults are promptly reported and remedied via the authorised repair route.
- Ensure all team members comply with PPE requirements and conduct themselves in a safe manner.
- Must have a strong background in manufacturing, ideally within a similar environment and be familiar with related quality processes and standards.
- At least 2 years in team lead / supervisor /foreman role.
- Strong employee relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and process skills.
- Experience within lean manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong IT proficiency including MRP/ERP systems
- Understanding of H & S legislation
- Level 4 education e.g. HND in industrial / manufacturing engineering or business management.
- Experience at operator level in one or more of the following areas welding, assembly, hydraulic testing, paint finishing.
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
- Skills training experience
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 16:45 -03:15
Friday: OFF *4 night working week*
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Top rates paid (DOE)
- Evening shift allowance
- KPI Performance related bonus
- Overtime regularly available (enhanced rates)
- Westfield Health cover
- Access to bike to work scheme
- Excellent work life balance – 4-night working week
- High specification machinery and PPE
- Plus much more…
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserve the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an instance, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Team Leader (Evening Shift)’
- Or contact our reception for an application pack
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.