☀️ Day Shift
Mon-Thu 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
The successful applicant will report directly to the stores team leader.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 31 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2019 and 2020, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
- Ability to accurately read & interpret engineering drawings
- Previous experience in a busy stores environment (minimum 2 years)
- Previous experience of carrying out goods inwards inspections against engineering drawings
- Ability to demonstrate experience of accurate stock record keeping
- Highly organised and able to work in line with company efficiency targets
- Previous experience of carrying out month & year end stock takes
- Ability to quickly identify and report any shortages to the relevant personnel
- Previous experience kitting jobs for a busy production floor
- Ability to accurately select & seal out components for kitting
- Computer literate
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to operate in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Willingness to maintain a good level of housekeeping and a safe working environment
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by team leader
- 5 years + stores operative experience
- Previous experience in a precision engineering environment
- Experience working in the hydraulics sector
- Forklift experience
In return you will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible holidays
- Perk box reward scheme enrolment
- Long service reward
- Early finish on Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
The company reserve the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants.
- To apply, please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below.
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘STORES OPERATIVE’ or contact reception for an application pack.
- Closing date: Friday 23rd October 2020.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.