🌙 Evening Shift. (4 nights per week)
Mon-Thu 16:45 – 03:15
Friday: OFF (3 day weekend)
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 32 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining & quarrying & materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2019 and again in 2020, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Spray Painter to join our evening shift team. The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reading & interpreting engineering drawings & production information
- Priming & painting hydraulic cylinders
- Using electrostatic gun & 2K colour change system
- Loading & unloading production line
- Working within the internal quality system ensuring that a high standard of production is maintained through to finished product stage
- Working in a meticulous manner, paying close attention to workmanship
- Working in an efficient & effective manner to ensure delivery on time to customer
- Operating in line with company H & S policy
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a dedicated spray painter within a similar environment
- Previous experience within the engineering industry
- Awareness of best practise painting techniques to ensure adequate quality is maintained
- Ability to accurately read & interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of H & S requirements relevant to the rol
- Ability to work in an efficient manner
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Computer literate
- 5 years + spray painting experience within the engineering industry
- Experience in the precision engineering sector
- Previous experience using an electrostatic gun & 2K colour change system
Hours of Work:
Northern Hydraulics Ltd night shift team operate a 4-night week, offering you a better work/life balance.
Monday – Thursday: 16:45 – 03:15
* Shift premium payable for evening shift work*
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Westfield Health Membership
- Shift premium payable for evening shift work
- 4 nights per week working pattern – excellent work life balance
- Partially flexible holidays
- Long service reward
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
In the event of a high volume of applicants, Northern Hydraulics reserve the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes. In such an event, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.