🌙 Evening Shift. (4 nights per week)
Mon-Thu 16:30 – 03:00
Friday: OFF (3 day weekend)
The successful applicants will report directly to the department team leader.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 31 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognized as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2019 and 2020, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
- Welding qualification
- Ability to accurately read & interpret Autocad drawings
- Experience of welding to a high standard using a three phase MIG welder
- Ability to tack & final weld steel using a three phase MIG welder
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Ability to work in a meticulous manner, paying close attention to workmanship
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work within the internal quality system ensuring that a high standard of production is maintained through to finished product stage
- Preparing products for the next stage of the production process ensuring they are clean & free from any excess weld / splatter / grease
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy relative to the workshop environment
- Ability to consistently work in line with set company efficiency targets
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to operate in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Willingness to maintain good housekeeping & safe working environment
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
- Experience in a precision engineering environment
- Experience working in a hydraulics setting
- Recognised as fully coded by a relevant awarding body
- Knowledge of welding automation processes is advantageous but not essential
In return you will receive:
- 4 night working week – excellent work life balance
- Competitive salary
- Shift Allowance payable for evening shift work
- Flexible holidays
- Long service reward
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
The company reserve the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants.
- To apply, please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below.
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘WELDER’ or contact reception for an application pack.
- Closing date: Friday 23rd October 2020.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.