🌙 Evening Shift (Early Friday finish)
Mon-Thu 16:45 – 03:15
*4 days per week*
The successful applicants will report directly to the department team leader.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Skilled Welder to join our Evening Shift team.
The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Reading & interpreting engineering drawings
- Welding to a high standard using a three phase MIG welder to manufacture hydraulic cylinders
- Tacking & final welding mild steel
- Operating workshop machinery (hand power tools)
- Conducting in-process quality checks
- Working to efficiency targets
- Engaging with company MRP system
- Operating in line with H & S policy
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
- Minimum of 2 years welding experience (preferably MIG)
- Ability to accurately read & interpret Autocad drawings
- Experience of welding to a high standard using a three phase MIG welder
- Ability to tack & final weld steel using a three phase MIG welder
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Ability to work in a meticulous manner, paying close attention to workmanship
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work within the internal quality system ensuring that a high standard of production is maintained through to finished product stage
- Preparing products for the next stage of the production process ensuring they are clean & free from any excess weld / splatter / grease
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy relative to the workshop environment
- Ability to consistently work in line with set company efficiency targets
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Operating in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Maintain good housekeeping & safe working environment
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Welding qualification (NVQ or equivalent)
- Experience in a precision engineering environment
- Experience working in a hydraulics setting
- Recognised as fully coded by a relevant awarding body
- Knowledge of welding automation processes is advantageous but not essential
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Top rates paid (DOE)
- Shift premium payable
- Overtime regularly available (enhanced rates)
- Westfield Health Membership
- Access to bike to work scheme
- Excellent work life balance – 4 nights working week
- High specification machinery and PPE
- Plus much more…
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserve the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an instance, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Sunday 19th June 2022
*EARLY APPLICATION IS ADVISED*
- To apply, please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below.
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘EVENING SHIFT WELDER’
- Or contact reception for an application pack.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.