☀️ Day (Office)
Mon-Thu 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 32 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist to join our team and drive heightened supplier performance whilst simultaneously striving to achieve cost and quality objectives.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Financial Controller.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase raw materials and parts to meet production scheduling needs
- Purchase consumables and non-production parts, supplies and equipment
- Liaise closely with production manager and team leads to ensure the production line is utilised to its full potential
- Proactively seek to limit the occurance of shortages impacting on manufacturing operations
- Liaise with suppliers on forecasts and bill of material changes
- Actively work to expedite open orders from suppliers
- Arrange inbound freight from suppliers
- Attend and act as a supply chain representative at daily production meetings and weekly KPI meetings
- Produce and analyse purchasing reports as required
- Obtain best pricing for purchased parts to achieve cost savings whilst maintaining full quality priorities
- Identify cost savings
- Build strong working relationships with supplier network
- Evaluate and monitor existing supplier accounts to ensure best practice is being achieved in relation to cost, quality and delivery terms and make improvements where necessary
- Create and roll out supplier agreements with the protection of the NHL supply chain and financial targets as key objectives
- Identify and evaluate potential new supply sources
- Prepare supplier risk mitigation plans
- Oversee the integration of new suppliers into existing company purchasing procedures
- Collect and analyse all technical data (drawings & specifications), historical usage quantity, forecasts and benchmarks
- Obtain supplier quotes and arrange sampling as required in a timely manner
- Identify and take responsibility for projects that will improve the supply chain department
- Lead negotiations with supplier network and finalise new supplier contracts to ensure quality and confidentiality.
- Carry out periodic supplier audits to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline or QBE (min.5 years)
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing/supply chain experience in a fast paced environment
- Proven supply chain management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects to successful completion
- Experience co-ordinating and dealing with the importing of raw materials from outside NI
- Meticulous, analytical and highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office
- Previous MRP experience
- Excellent, effective communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Strong team building and collaboration skills
- Ability to work autonomously and on own initiative
- Full driving license and access to own transport.
- Previous experience in the engineering sector is desirable
- CIPS membership or working towards
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday – Thursday: 08:00 -17:00
Friday: 08:00 -14:00
Coalisland, Co. Tyrone
Competitive, discussed at interview
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Long service reward
- Early finish on Friday
- Westfield Health Membership
- Free on-site parking
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Career progression opportunities
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.