Office-based – Early Friday finish
Mon-Thurs: 07:30 – 16:30
Fri: 07:30 – 13:30
Based in Coalisland, Co. Tyrone Northern Hydraulics Ltd are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of precision engineered products. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global OEM clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industries, have come to expect from us the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte (2019, 2020 & 2021), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years and continues to do so today.
The company have ambitious expansion & investment plans for 2022 & beyond and are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to lead our manufacturing operations.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Production Manager role is a critical position within Northern Hydraulics Ltd. The post holder will be responsible for the effective & efficient day to day management of the production team comprising of approximately 60 employees.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to building high performing teams to assist in the continued growth and success of the company whilst maintaining our company reputation as a leading manufacturer of high-quality hydraulic cylinders.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary (£45K +)
- KPI bonus scheme (Up to 15% per annum)
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Early finish on Friday
- Plus much more…
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Daily planning, directing and managing of team leaders and production teams to ensure operational activities are aligned with production planning
- Responsible for ensuring daily production targets are met
- Liaising with team leaders and workshop personnel on evening shift to ensure a smooth shift handover
- Work efficiently and effectively alongside internal departments, Sub-Contractors & approved service provider
- Ensure existing quality control and non-conformances processes are adhered to
- To monitor, analyse and improve labour and machine efficiency levels to assist in the achievement of delivery on time targets in line with agreed objectives
- Improving and implementing current policies, processes & standard operating procedures to enhance overall operational performance
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a multi-disciplinary workforce
- Develop continuous improvement plans in line with organisational objectives
- Acting as a leader and change agent in a rapidly growing organisation
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties; the post holder will be responsible for all duties aforementioned in addition to all other aspects of the role as considered by the senior management team to fall into the production management remit.
- Degree educated with a minimum of 3 years in a middle management capacity or QBE equivalent including experience of managing large teams (>30 people in total)
- Experience in the engineering / manufacturing sector
- Proven track record of ability to meet strict deadlines in a pressurised environment, incorporating strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Proven experience of systematic approach to root cause analysis of quality & time losses.
- Robust knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in line with company requirements
- Working knowledge of production planning in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a precision engineering environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IIP Principles
- HSE Qualification (NEBOSH or similar)
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- Lean manufacturing qualification
- Business Improvement qualification
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserves the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants, in such an instance only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hours of work:
Mon – Thurs: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Fri: 7:30am – 1:30pm
Closing date for applications:
Monday 29th August 2022 (12 noon)
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.