☀️ Day Shift (early Friday finish)
Mon-Thu 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 35 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recognized as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
As part of our continued growth and expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Material Handler to join our team.
Reporting to: Department Team Leader
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Material Handler role within NHL is responsible for the handling, moving, loading & unloading materials both by hand and via the use of a variety of material handling equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the receiving of goods inwards, delivering goods to internal customer and storing and rotating stock and materials in a timely fashion.
The material handler will be responsible for ensuring the correct loading, unloading, packing and transportation of goods and will be dedicated to diligently ensuring material damage is minimised via their handling technique.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load, unload & moving goods and raw materials throughout the yard and production floor
- Operating gantry cranes & other material handling apparatus to assist in the loading & unloading of materials onto & off HGV vehicles & throughout the factory as necessary
- Checking goods inwards for any damage and reporting to purchasing department as necessary
- Checking delivery documentation for goods inwards and ensuring quantities and specification of materials correspond
- Providing information on e.g.) material shortages to the purchasing department in a timely manner
- Cycle and full stock counts as part of overall stock management
- Operating forklift trucks and powered pallet trucks to transport materials
- Coordinate stock rotation of raw materials to the various departments within the factory
- Coordinate the timely flow of material between the goods inwards yard and production areas
- Receive all incoming stock and transfer in line with Company Kanban processes
- Maintaining a good standard of housekeeping in the yard and work area
- Securely packaging goods and loading on to HGV vehicles for dispatch
- Supporting the saw zone and ensuring adequate flow of material to support this department
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to work as a team & independently
- Experience operating workshop machinery
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy relative to the workshop environment
- Willingness to obtain forklift license / HGV license as per company needs
- Willingness to operate in line with company quality procedures
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Experience in engineering environment
- Experience/Understanding of lean manufacturing process
- Forklift license
Hours of Work:
Mon- Thurs: 07:30 – 16:30
Fri: 07:30 – 13:30
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Highly competitive hourly rate (DOE)
- Overtime regularly available (enhanced rates)
- Early finish on Friday
- Westfield Health cover
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Plus much more…
Please note in the event of a high volume of applicants we reserve the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes. In such an event, unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Material Handler’
- Or contact our reception for an application pack
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.