☀️ Day Shift
Mon-Thu 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 32 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Deloitte ‘Best Managed Company’, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our team and drive heightened operational performance through the continuous improvement of our processes and equipment, whilst ensuring that set efficiency and quality targets are maintained and improved.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate and implement the most efficient and cost-effective production methods required to manufacture hydraulic cylinders and components
- Implement best practice standard work on the shop floor to improve safety and quality without compromising on efficiency
- Review current manufacturing processes to identify and action continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify bottlenecks within the manufacturing process and engage best practice lean manufacturing techniques to maximise process flow
- Review and develop process documentation and safe operating instructions for all NHL manufacturing processes
- In conjunction with the engineering team, implement and monitor the consistent adherence to work instructions through regular audits of key processes
- Co-ordinate and lead time studies to allow for accurate production planning and labour management
- Conduct production layout reviews to ensure an effective process flow is maintained
- Act as an advocate and coach on lean manufacturing techniques to members of the production team and support functions
- Co-ordinate with production and the wider engineering team including our quality engineer to establish and implement a containment strategy for manufacturing issues followed by effective root-cause analysis and follow through of agreed corrective actions
- Analyse issues that arise from within operations and propose improvements where required
- Act promptly to find long term solutions to manufacturing and equipment issues
- Implement ECOs for manufacturing processes using effective communication and record keeping techniques
- Identify tooling and equipment aids to increase quality and efficiency levels and to allow NHL’s manufacturing process to diversify enabling them to enter new customer markets
- In conjunction with the engineering and sales team, assist in the NPI process, acting as a representative for production with regards to advice on machine and tooling capabilities, establishing work processes and overseeing the manufacturing of sample products on the production floor
- Provide robust production support to all areas within the business
- Any other projects as assigned by the Production & Management team
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties; the post holder will be responsible for all duties aforementioned in addition to all other aspects of the role as considered by the Engineering Manager to fall into the Manufacturing Process Engineering role remit.
- Degree educated with a minimum of 3 year’s experience in a relevant discipline or QBE (min 5 years)
- Strong understanding of engineering manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Experience of Solidworks design packages
- Previous experience of successful commissioning of new tooling and equipment to gain operational advanatages
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Initiative and drive to deliver performance
- Proven track record of ability to meet strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Proven experience of systematic approach to root cause analysis of quality & time losses
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in line with company requirements
- Strong understanding of engineering manufacturing processes (CNC machining, welding, welding automation and painting processes).
- Experience of welding process qualification and control
- Hydraulics experience
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- Lean manufacturing qualification
Hours of Work:
Monday-Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
Location: Coalisland, Co. Tyrone
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Westfield Health Membership
- Partially flexible holidays
- Long service reward
- Early finish on Friday
- Free on-site parking
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Career progression opportunities
Early application is advised.
Northern Hydraulics reserve the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an event, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.