Based in Coalisland, Co. Tyrone Northern Hydraulics Ltd are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of precision engineered products.
Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global OEM clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials-handling industries, have come to expect from us the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Gold Best Managed Company by Deloitte (2019-2022), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years and continues to do so today.
The company have ambitious expansion & investment plans for 2023 & beyond and are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer to join our team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and will be tasked with maintaining and further developing a first-class Health & Safety service for our growing workforce which currently consists of over 80 employees.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (£38-42k, DOE)
- Early finish on Friday
- Westfield Health cover
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Access to saving schemes
- Working closely with management team to plan and manage company targets
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Implementation and continuous improvement of internal health and safety policies/ strategies
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Oversee training requirements, ensuring staff training is current and leading on arrangements to ensure training is completed to the required standard.
- Oversee necessary external plant statutory inspections
- Determining ways of reducing risks and implementing improvements
- Recording and maintenance of sub-contractor on boarding documents and management while on site
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/ safely
- Investigating/ recording incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health and making recommendations from same
- Regular production audits
- Regular communication to all employees including tool box talks and new start inductions
- Any other duties within reason and capability
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- At least 2 years practical experience of supporting H&S in operational site and office environment.
- Proven track record in instigation, control and delivery of H&S projects.
- Good understanding of H&S legislation, theory and best practice.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 standards.
- Flexibility with working times to ensure consistency of policy implementation and servicing of audits/investigations etc.
- The Ability to analyse information and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and / or on their own initiative.
- Understanding of occupational health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Hours of work:
Mon – Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Fri: 8:00am – 2:00pm
How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Health and Safety Officer’ or apply via our website.
Please note: Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserves the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants, in such an instance only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.