☀️ Day Shift
Mon-Thu: 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 32 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining, quarrying and material-handling industries, have come to expect the highest quality.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte (in 2019, 2020 and 2021), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Operative / Trainee Welder to join our day shift team.
If you are looking to kickstart your career in engineering this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Reading & accurately interpreting engineering drawings
- Basic welding at our pre-porting station, welding pipes and ports for the manufacture of hydraulic cylinders
- Setting up & operating MIG welder
- In process inspection of product to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Working to set efficiency targets
- Engaging with company MRP system
- Operating a variety of workshop equipment (powered hand tools)
- Working in line with relevant H & S policy
- Any other duties as required within reason & capability
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings
- Experience in the use of a variety of hand tools
- Ability to operate in line with both quality and efficiency targets
- Awareness of H & S relative to the workshop environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Computer literate (basic)
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong timekeeping & attendance record
- Full weld specific training will be provided however previous basic welding experience is advantageous
- Welding qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 2)
- Hydraulics experience
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Top rates of pay on offer (DOE)
- Overtime regularly available (payable at enhanced rates)
- Early finish on a Friday
- Westfield Health cover
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Learning & development opportunities
Northern Hydraulics reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an instance, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Engineering Operative / Trainee Welder’
- Or contact our reception for an application pack
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.
Upload CV & Cover Letter