☀️ Day Shift (early Friday finish)
Mon-Thu 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte (2019, 2020 & 2021), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people and technology today.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Operative / Semi-Automation Welder to join our dayshift team.
If you are looking to kickstart your career in engineering and welding this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Reading & accurately interpreting engineering drawings
- Basic welding at our pre-porting station, welding pipes and ports for the manufacture of hydraulic cylinders
- Setting up & operating MIG welder and bespoke semi – automated welding machinery
- In process inspection of product to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Working to set efficiency targets
- Engaging with company MRP system
- Operating a variety of workshop equipment (powered hand tools)
- Working in line with relevant H & S policy
- Any other duties as required within reason & capability
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings
- Experience in the use of a variety of hand tools
- Ability to operate in line with both quality and efficiency targets
- Awareness of H & S relative to the workshop environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Computer literate (basic)
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong timekeeping & attendance record
- Full weld specific training will be provided however previous basic welding experience is advantageous
- Welding qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 2)
- Hydraulics experience
Hours of Work:
Mon- Thurs: 07:30 – 16:30
Fri: 07:30 – 13:30
In return the successful applicant will receive:
- Highly competitive hourly rate (DOE)
- Overtime regularly available (enhanced rates)
- Early finish on Friday
- Westfield Health cover
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Plus much more…
Please note in the event of a high volume of applicants we reserve the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes. In such an event, unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*EARLY APPLICATION IS ADVISED*
- Please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Engineering Operative / Semi-Automation Welder’
- Or contact our reception for an application pack
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.