☀️ Day Shift (early Friday finish)
Mon-Fri 07:30 – 16:30
Friday: 07:30 – 13:30
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 31 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining & quarrying & materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investors in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a Dispatch Operative to join our dayshift team.
The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
- Previous experience in a dispatch / order picking environment
- Previous experience of picking, building & palletising orders for dispatch in a safe manner
- Experienced in dealing with dispatch paperwork in relation to internal & external hauliers & couriers
- Previous experience operating counter balance forklift truck in narrow aisles
- Ability to demonstrate experience of dealing with high volume orders
- Previous stock control experience
- Ability to follow customer specific packing requirements
- Lorry loading experience
- Willingness to adhere to company H & S policy & procedures
- Willingness to maintain a high standard of housekeeping in line with 5S standards
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to display excellent attention to detail
- Quality control experience preferential
- Previous experience operating reach forklift truck
- Previous experience operating powered pallet truck
- Previous experience in the engineering sector desirable
- Competent in the use of ERP systems
HOURS OF WORK:
Mon – Thurs: 07:30 – 16:30
Fri: 07:30 – 13:30
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Early finish on Friday
- Flexible holidays
- Long service award
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
CLOSING DATE: 15th December 2020
(Early application is advised)
Northern Hydraulics reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In any such instance only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.