🌙 Evening Shift. (4 nights per week)
Mon-Thu 16:45 – 03:15
Friday: OFF (3 day weekend)
CNC Setter / Programmer (Components Division) – Evening Shift
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte (2019, 2020 & 2021), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years and continues to do so today.
As a result of exponential demand for our high-quality products, the company have ambitious expansion & investment plans for 2022 & beyond.
To assist with our growth plans, we are currently recruiting for a CNC Setter Programmer to work within our components manufacturing division. This role is an excellent opportunity for a skilled CNC Setter Programmer to join our thriving precision engineering company and utilise their skillset to its fullest potential.
The successful candidate for this role will enjoy working for an awarding winning company who continually invest in both its people and technology infrastructure to ensure we remain at the cutting edge of precision engineering.
What we offer:
- Top rates on offer (DOE)
- Shift Allowance payable for evening shift work (10% on top of hourly rate)
- Overtime regularly available (payable at enhanced rates)
- Excellent work life balance (Mon – Thur working week)
- Westfield Health cover
- High specification machinery, tooling & PPE
- Bike to work scheme
- Savings scheme
- Store discounts
- Plus much more…
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Programme using G-Code for a variety CNC machinery including lathes and mills
- Assist CNC machinists with changes in programmes
- Liaise with CNC machinists to troubleshoot any operational issues
- Actively participate in the training of colleagues including the completion of necessary paperwork in relation to training
- Inspect finished work against technical engineering drawings and data supplied ensuring that specifications and quality standards are met
- Ensure quality standards are kept in line with ISO: 9001 (2015) accreditation and company quality objectives are met within cell 1
- Take responsibility for tool specification and ordering, liaising with tooling representatives
- Keep abreast of industry advancements specifically with regards to new tooling technology and trialing of the same
- Contribute to lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Deputise for the team leader in their absence
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a CNC Setting / Programming role
- Experience setting & programming machines with Fanuc controls using G-Code
- Meticulous quality inspection skills particularly in relation to the manufacturing of precision components
- ISO 9001 (2015) familiarisation, particularly in relation to quality standards adherence
- Sound understanding of tooling technology and developments within this area
- Understanding of lean manufacturing
- Computer literate with experience in the use of MRP systems
- Competent in the use of a wide range of workshop machinery
- Awareness of basic machine maintenance
- Excellent problem solving
- Resilient in nature
- Sound communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong understanding and appreciation of H & S within the workplace
- 5 years’ + experience working in a similar role
- Strong experience in the use of G-Code
- Familiarisation with Fanuc control systems
- People management & training experience
- Precision engineering experience
- Engineering qualification (CNC specialism)
- CNC Milling & automation experience advantageous
Northern Hydraulics reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an instance, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 16:45 – 03:15
Just 4 Evenings – Excellent work life balance
Friday 11th November 2022
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.