🌙 Evening Shift. (4 nights per week)
Mon-Thu 16:45 – 03:15
Friday: OFF (3 day weekend)
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Milling Machinist (3 Axis) to join our evening shift team.
The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately reading & interpreting engineering drawings
- Setting and operating a 3-axis CNC mill to produce machined parts
- In process inspection of goods and carrying out quality checks in line with our internal quality system
- Working in a meticulous manner, paying close attention to workmanship
- Working to set efficiency targets
- Operating in line with company health & safety policy relative to the workshop environment
- Operating in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Maintain good housekeeping & safe working environment
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
- 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience of Fanuc i-series controls
- Previous experience working to quality standards
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good level of verbal and written English
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong timekeeping & attendance record
- 4 years + experience in a similar role
- Experience in a precision engineering environment
- CNC qualification (milling)
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 16:45 – 03:15
Friday – Sunday: OFF
In return you will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate (DOE)
- Shift allowance for evening shift work
- 4 evenings working week – excellent work life balance
- Westfield Health Cover
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
Northern Hydraulics Ltd reserve the right to enhance essential criteria in the event of a high volume of applicants for shortlisting purposes. In such an event, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Friday 11th November 2022
- Please upload you CV and Cover Letter using the form below
- Alternatively, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Stores Operative’
- Or contact our reception for an application pack
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.