☀️ Day Shift (early Friday finish)
CNC Machinist (Components Division) – Dayshift
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 34 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte (2019, 2020 & 2021), the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years and continues to do so today.
As a result of exponential demand for our high-quality products, the company have ambitious expansion & investment plans for 2022 & beyond.
To assist with our growth plans, we are currently recruiting for a CNC Machinist to work within our components manufacturing division. This role is an excellent opportunity for a skilled CNC machinist to join our thriving precision engineering company and utilise their skillset to its fullest potential.
The successful candidate for this role will enjoy working for an awarding winning company who continually invest in both its people and technology infrastructure to ensure we remain at the cutting edge of precision engineering.
What we offer:
- Top rates on offer (DOE)
- Overtime regularly available (payable at enhanced rates)
- Early finish on Friday
- Westfield Health cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- High specification machinery & PPE
- Plus much more…
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Read and accurately interpret engineering drawings to machine a variety of components necessary for the manufacturing of precision hydraulic cylinders
- Set up & operate CNC machinery (Fanuc controlled) to machine hydraulic cylinder components
- Conduct basic pre-start maintenance checks on machinery
- Work in an efficient and effective manner in line with set targets
- Engage with company MRP system
- Operate a variety of workshop machinery
- Working in a meticulous manner and completing quality checks on machined parts before moving on to the next stage in the production process
- Observe all H & S rules in place
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by the team leader
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to accurately read & interpret engineering drawings
- Experience setting & operating machines with Fanuc controls
- Ability to operate independently and to the required efficiency targets
- Experience of in process inspection of goods and carrying out quality checks
- Ability to meticulously prepare products for the next stage of the production process
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Computer literate (basic level) with experience in the use of MRP systems
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong timekeeping and attendance record
- Willingness to operate in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Awareness of & ability to carry out basic machine maintenance & housekeeping checks & tasks
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- 5 years’ + experience working in a similar role
- Experience working in a busy precision engineering environment
- Experience working within the hydraulics sector
- Experience in the use of G-Code
- Engineering qualification (CNC specialism)
- CNC Milling experience advantageous but not essential
- CNC automation experience advantageous but not essential
Northern Hydraulics reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants. In such an instance, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 07:30-16:30
Closing date for applications:
Monday 15th August 2022 (5:00pm)
Northern Hydraulics is an equal opportunities employer.