🌙 Evening Shift. (4 nights per week)
Mon-Thu 16:30 – 03:00
Friday: OFF (3 day weekend)
The successful applicant will report directly to the department team leader.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is proud to be one of the UK’s top manufacturers of industry leading precision hydraulic cylinders. Throughout our 31 years in the industry, our global clients in the excavator, mining and quarrying and materials handling industry, have come to expect the highest quality products.
Accredited with Investor in People Silver Status, and recently recognised as a Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2019 and again in 2020, the business has undergone considerable expansion in recent years. Northern Hydraulics continues to invest in both its people & technology today.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to accurately read & interpret engineering drawings
- Experience setting & operating machines with Fanuc controls
- Ability to operate independently and to the required efficiency targets
- Experience of in process inspection of goods and carrying out quality checks
- Ability to meticulously prepare products for the next stage of the production process
- Fully competent with CNC software
- Experience of operating workshop machinery
- Computer literate with experience in the use of MRP systems
- Willingness to operate in line with company health & safety policy
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong timekeeping and attendance record
- Willingness to operate in a safe & responsible manner at all times
- Awareness of & ability to carry out basic machine maintenance & housekeeping checks & tasks
- Willingness to be flexible in accordance with the business needs
- 5 years’ + experience working in a similar role
- Experience working in a busy precision engineering environment
- Experience working within the hydraulics sector
- Engineering qualification (CNC specialism)
- CNC Milling experience advantageous but not essential
- CNC automation experience advantageous but not essential
Northern Hydraulics reserves the right to enhance essential criteria for shortlisting purposes in the event of a high volume of applicants.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 16:35-03:15
In return you will receive:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 4 night working week – excellent work life balance
- Flexible holidays
- Long service award
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
Closing date for applications: 15th December 2020
- Upload you CV and cover letter using the form below
- Or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ‘CNC Lathe Machinist’,
- Or contact our reception for an application pack.
Northern Hydraulics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.